After reading more than 300 books in the last two months, I have found a long list of winners. Book I absolutely love. Here are a few more that I highly recommend.
- ONCE UPON AN ALPHABET -Oliver Jeffers
- PLANET KINDERGARTEN -Sue Ganz-Schmitt/Shane Prigmore
- THE MATCHBOX DIARY -Paul Fleischman/Bagram Ibatoulline
- POOL -JiHyeon Lee
- DRUM DREAM GIRL -Margarita Engle/Rafael Lopez
- SWAN -Laurel Snyder/Julie Morstad
- THE ADVENTURES OF BEEKLE -Dan Santat
- ME WANT PET! -Tammi Sauer/Bob Shea
- THE RIGHT WORD -Jen Bryant/Melissa Sweet
- EVERYONE LOVES BACON -Kelly DiPucchio/Erin Wight
- PIGEON NEEDS A BATH -Mo Willems
- FRED –Kaila Eunhye Seo
- MESMERIZED -Mara Rockliff/Iacopo Bruno
All of these books are, to me, a great combination of writing, art and ideas. And even with these last three posts, I am nowhere near done listing the books that I think are really terrific. After I list a few more I will narrow them down to my very tip-top favorites.